We are thrilled to announce the release of our first batch of Straight Bourbon Whiskey (in August 2021)!!
The designation of “Straight” for a Bourbon Whiskey means it has been barreled for two or more years.
On May 4th, 1964, the United States Congress recognized Bourbon Whiskey as a “distinctive product of the United States.” The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 CFR 5) state that bourbon must meet the following requirements:
- Bourbon must be made of a grain mixture that is at least 51% Corn.
- Bourbon must be distilled to no more than 160 proof.
- Bourbon must be aged in new, charred oak barrels.
- Bourbon may not be barreled at higher that 125 proof.
- Bourbon which meets the above requirements and has been aged for a minimum of 2 years, may be called Straight Bourbon.
- Bourbon aged for a period less than 4 years must be labeled with the duration of its aging.
- If an age is stated on the label, it must be the age of the youngest whiskey in the bottle.
- Only whiskey produced in the Unites States can be called Bourbon.
We are pre-selling the first 200 bottles in a commemorative box (pictured) that also includes a limited release laser etched “rocks” glass!! The first 200 bottles will be numbered and packaged in a box with batch information. You pick your bottle number (1-200) – order early to get the best selection!! The price per box is $50.
To order: Send us a Facebook message (preferred), stop in the tasting room, or call us.
Payment is required at the time of purchase (payment is simple online – we will send you an invoice you can pay with a credit card).
No holds on boxes without payment.
To pick-up: Boxes will be available for pick-up in our tasting room starting September 1st at noon or any date there after.
Thanks for your ongoing support – we appreciate you all!
The HS Crew
Leave a Reply